••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••♥••••••••••

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Back to school...

All good things must come to an end, and so must all drive-your-mom-insane-day-in-and-day-out-with-your-neverending-fighting things. 


But hey: we survived!  We made it!  No one broke a bone or had to get stitches- so I'm calling this summer a success!  Let's forget about Porter's head being super-glued back together, shall we?

Onto the main event:  the students!


Oh snap.  I have a fifth grader.  Pretty sure that I'm not old enough to have a child this age.  But, alas, here we are.  She is super excited because she is on the second floor of the brand new school (she's moving up in the world, people).  She tried to talk me into letter her play the drums in the school band, but (luckily for me) she also wants to ask for a guitar for her birthday and she really wouldn't have time to learn both.  Again: thankfully.

I asked little miss Adi-tude to tell me about herself.  She said that her best friend is Savana, her favorite color is purple, she likes Taylor Swift and doing gymnastics, and accessorizing is her passion.  No lie, people.  It's a passion.



 Next up:




This lil' cutie has now entered fourth grade.  She is completely giddy that she is now old enough to join orchestra (hello screechy violin in my very near future).  Piper is also over-the-moon that she doesn't have to wear uniforms this year.  Now she really gets to flex her clothes-designing muscles.

I tried asking her about herself, and she just said the exact same thing as her big sis (her fav color is pink, best friend is Naomi, she likes Miss Swift, Teen Beach Movie, singing, and dancing).  I must add that she is the family hide-and-seek champion.




The Porter Pot:

Oh, Porter Pot.  First grade?  A full day at school?  Wyatt and I will be lost without you! 

I asked PG to tell me about himself and he said, "You already know me, Mom."  That's true.  How about we pretend like I don't know you?  "I don't like to tell strangers about myself."  Sigh.  OK.  Then you know me, but I don't know you.  "This is weird, Mom."

I think that conversation sums him up pretty darn well.  Although, I should document that his best friend is Logan, he loves playing soccer at recess, he's a trickster on his bike, and he knows how to anger his mother in 1.2 seconds and then have her melting in less than that.




And last, but never least:

Playschool.  That's easy right?  I drop him off for an hour and fifteen minutes, which is just about the perfect amount of time to get my Fry's couponing done (did I mention that the school is conveniently located next to Frys?).  I won't even have time to miss the kid, really.

And then I dropped him off for the first time.  And I cried like a baby.


Yes I did.  Shamelessly.

This kid kept photobombing his siblings.




And then, when I wanted him in the picture...



Stinker.




Bring it on, 2013-2014 school year!


0 comments: