••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••♥••••••••••

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Oh soccer season, you have come and gone. Again.

I had plans to put Porter in a real soccer league all summer.  I wanted PG to be able to really learn the sport, to see if he really enjoyed playing it.  I had the super-professional website bookmarked and I was ready to sign him up the second registration opened.

And then I forgot.

Until I received a reminder on Facebook that the old neighborhood league he usually plays on was now open for registration.  I hurried over to my super-awesome soccer league... and they were full.  Crap!

So back to the neighborhood soccer team we go (I may or may not refer to them as the "hippie league" since they don't keep score and everyone wins a metal at the end of the season).  But the awesome part was that Porter got to be on his best buddy's team.  Yay!



Here is a condensed version of Porter's best moments... with only my favorite pictures.  Because it's my blog and I can, that's why.



   
Water break!


I really, really loved PG's coach this time.  He made sure to rotate the players through every position.  Porter happened to prefer the high-action ones.  He seemed to get a little bored as a sweeper and goalie...




Porter's cheering section...



And when Wyatt gets mad that he can't run around free-as-a-bird in the street?  Momma makes a phone call to Nana and let's Wyatt talk away to her :)



When you give your ten year old daughter your camera to take pictures, you get awesome shots such as these:





And 500 more just like them!

See what I mean?  Hippies! :)





And yes, my son is wearing a Rolling Stones hat.  I am a horrible mother.

Now that soccer is over, we are in heated debate over the next sport he'll be playing.. any suggestions for a ball-hogging six year old?



1 comments:

Sharla said...

Great pics and humor! Great job!!