••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••♥••••••••••

Saturday, March 02, 2013

It has now been a decade




Yup, an entire decade since this little lady came into this world.


She is now obsessed with mustaches and wearing waaay too many elastics on her wrist.  I'm beginning to think that if you take them off, her hand would disconnect from her arm.

 (thanks goes to Pipes for the awesome bracelet)

She also loves homemade cinnamon rolls and, every year, uses her birthday to get her mom to make them for her.


Last year I had declared that ten is the magical age where we no longer have friend birthday parties.  As the kiddos get older, the parties are getting way longer guest lists, waay too hard to plan, and waaay too much money.

So this year, Adi got to invite one of her bestest friends over for a late night (we don't do sleepovers).


But if she invites Savana, her other best friends would feel left out.


And as long as Adi was inviting a few friends, couldn't Piper invite a friend?



And why not our cousin who lives a few houses down?


I realize that the shimmery curtain makes it look like a party.

IT WAS NOT A PARTY.

Since Adi is completely obsessed with Ms. Taylor Swift, and we had so many of her posters lying around, I might as well hang a few of them up in the loft.  That way they could sing T-Swizzle songs into Adi's karaoke machine and watch her music videos all night.



And, well, they'll need some snacks.



And I got this chandelier thingy on clearance from Walmart for 75 cents.  May as well throw it up too.


And the girls really should get some screaming-red lipstick to wear, just like Miss Swift.



I repeat:  THIS WAS NOT A PARTY.

No invites were sent out, no singing of "Happy Birthday", and no candles were blown out.

So there.

After school on Miss Adi Nae's actual birthday, she finally got to break into this little jar of goodness that she's been saving for quite a while now.



We brought the Merrill Family Zoo to Target, and Adi finally got to buy her iPod touch that she's been saving up for (she went half-sies with Mom and Dad).






We had some fam over for dinner, sadly-misshapen cake, and ice cream.








Happy Birthday, my little Nae Nae.


**As a side-note: Adi's birthday is February 4th.  I am so very behind in posting, but I stopped wanting to do anything with my favorite online photo editing site, PicMonkey, wanted $4.99 a month for me to use my favorite features.  Are ya kidding me?  That's 60 bucks a year!  No stinking way!  So I just stopped blogging.  Lucky for you, Orrin loves me oh-so-much and bought me Adobe Lightroom to make my pics look pretty.  Oh how I love it.

Coincidentally, I did not edit these photos.  I have gotten so far behind in my posting, and have so very many more pics to post... I knew that if I didn't just get them on here, I would probably just abandon my bloggity-blog forever.**

0 comments: