••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••♥••••••••••

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pancakes with Santa

Saturday mornings are near sacred for me.  They are a day where I can stay up as late as I want the night before, since I will be spending my morning lounging on the couch and doing absolutely nothing but watching Curious George and Jessie with the kiddos.

Fabulous, right?

It it pretty stinking awesome, actually.

But then Adi felt as though she should help out at her school's Pancakes with Santa, since she is a Student Officer.

Did I mention that she signed up for the eight o'clock shift?  Waaaaah!!

But now, I am glad Adi made her mother get off her lazy-weekend-morning butt and take everyone to it (plus my Marshall cousins, Ryan and Savannah).

Also: now I don't have to drive all the way to Bass Pro Shop to get their free pictures with Santa.

The instigator (she wasn't sure where she was supposed to go to do her job).



She found it!




There was butcher paper pulled across the tables with crayons out for the kiddos to color.  Pure brilliance, I tell you!







Some colored, some sat, some ran, and some chased (and some took pictures).







And, oh the food!  Usually the food at these sorts of things would be considered sub-par at best.  But this time, this time, they did it right.  There were the pancakes, of course, but there was bread and muffins from Paradise Bakery, donuts of the Duncan type, and even cookies.




And then there was Santa.



And the photo booth. 





And.... then we went home :)

1 comments:

Whitopher said...

Wish I could have come! That looks fun, even if you had to get up early to go.