••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••♥••••••••••

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Let's go swimming on the last day of school. Oh, and you can bring a friend.

That's how it starts, isn't it?  You can bring a friend.  Meaning one.

But then, if you bring just one, someone else ends up with hurt feelings.  And we just can't have that.

So I ended up with a car like this, driving to the pool on the last day of school:


Wyatt stayed home with Dad since he's still on medicine.

And we had a couple more girls meet us there.  Once again:  I am so very happy that my parent's moved into a neighborhood with a pool.

Luckily, another Mama was crazy kind enough to join us there (with a few more kiddos in tow), so we had ourselves a real end-of-the-year swim party.

Adi and her friends (missing one lil' girl- she came a bit later).




Pipe's and her gal pals:




And poor lil' Porter, swimming solo in the kiddie area.



There were a few teenage girlies there to help herd the younger kiddos in the water (thank goodness for older siblings).  Oh, and there were also a couple of teenage boys who were even more difficult than Wyatt to get a picture of, so you won't be seeing them on here.




You may find this difficult to believe (seeing as how it is almost June in the Arizona Desert), but the pool was cold.  Somehow this pool is able to keep the water near-freezing level all summer long.  Maybe they have ice pumped in there?  Well, Thursday almost happened to be only 95 degrees, so we had a lot of kiddos taking a break from the water and warming up in the sun.






Porter finally found some friends from his church class to hang with.


Before we started swimming, I warned all of the girlies that they couldn't go past the 4'5 swimming area, since the deeper end is hidden behind some tall landscaping and I wouldn't be able to keep an eye on them and Porter at the same time.

They were all good with that for about ten minutes, and then the begging to go into the deep end started.  And it was lead by my eldest (and it included a lot of tears and stomping away in anger).

Once porter was chilling with his homies,



I finally relented and walked the ladies over to the deep end.  Where they did this:


Seriously?

So, being the fantastical mother that I am, I pushed Adi into the water.  Take that for all of your whining!



Then the girls all jumped in and started swimming after that.

My girls, never satisfied with merely swimming, tried to kill themselves repeatedly and called it "doing a flip into the water".



Yay for summer!

Yay for finally getting my kiddos all to myself and not having to share them with dumb teachers!

Have I mentioned how much I love summer?

1 comments:

Whitopher said...

What a good mommy you are.