••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••♥••••••••••

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

All Aboard!



I decided that it was now time for the kids to go see Santa.

The kids and Orrin disagreed.

And yet, seeing as how I am the most "strong-willed" (read: stubborn) person in the family, we went to the mall to see Santa.

We waited in line for 55 minutes.



And then, we were there. Right there! Next in line to see the Big Guy.

Who was dressed in a snowman pajama top and red velvet pajama bottoms. Strange? Yes.

But who cares? We were there.

And then, one of the "elves" came to the line and announced that Santa was going to break.

"When?" I asked, confident that at least we would be able to squeak through.

"Now."

I am pretty sure that steam came out of ears like in the old-time cartoons.

"He's not taking anymore? Not even one?" I believe that I deserve a medal for my calmness.

"No. He will be back in 45 minutes. You may choose to wait here in line."

Well, thank you very much, ornery elf lady. I will choose not to wait in line with my impatient, disappointed and just plain cranky kids for nearly another hour.

Grrr.

Luckily, OP spotted the Christmas Train driving throughout the mall and we hitched a ride on that.

P.S. Have you ever taken a bunch of photos without paying much attention to the result and only realize later that your hubby turned off the flash, causing said photos to all turn out fuzzy?



Well, I have.

1 comments:

Team Skousen said...

OHH man! No santa?? That would make me SOOO mad!! Good thing you kept your calm haha...