••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••♥••••••••••

Friday, December 04, 2009

Beads, Beads Everywhere!



Last night we were supposed to go pick out ornaments at Hobby Lobby, but OP ended up working too late and didn't get home until 7 (which, if you know us, is the kiddo's bed time). So, I had to dust off the old thinker and come up with something.

Thus, the ornaments.

My Great Grandma (affectionately known as G.G.) had made some of these for her little table-top tree back when I was Piper's age. I loved them.

So I searched through my *ahem* very messy craft drawers and dug up some white pipe cleaners and beads.




The kids had tons of fun making them and spent over 40 minutes doing them. This is a record for my children- usually if a craft takes longer than 5 minutes, it is declared too hard and the kids just want me to finish it.



I am now crossing my fingers that OP will get off from work early enough that we'll be able to go ornament shopping tonight!

3 comments:

Team Skousen said...

OH my gosh!!! Grandma GG had the BEST house on Christmas. Remember her tiny little tree? She always gave us so many treats. mmm Christmas at GG's. I forget that we share GG! How cute. Love the idea!

Grandma Peg said...

How fun!! I remember my Grandma making these as well, thanks for reminding me of those memories. You are such a good mama!

Whitopher said...

Aww.. So cute!