••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••♥••••••••••

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Super Farm

It's Spring Break people!  Wahoo!  It's been awesome weather around here- an average of 80 degrees and blue skies as far as the eyes can see.  So perfect. 

But I've had four kiddos home with me and I had to find things to do to entertain them.  Alright, let's make a list...

*Crickets chirping*

No ideas.  I'm not wanting to break the bank on activities (and when you're paying for four kids, everything breaks the bank), so that severely limited the options.  I am petrified of nature if Orrin isn't around, so hikes are out of the question (I wish I were joking).

Luckily my cousin Audra saved the day with her idea to go to Superstition Farm.  Free entry and pretty cheap activities?  And we can bring our own lunch?  I'm in!

Superstition Farm is a local dairy farm that also has hay rides, animal petting and feeding, hay bales to climb, and a covered picnic area. 

First thing we saw when we came in was this little bundle of scraggly fur perched on a side table.


Almost makes me want a bunny.  Almost.

Pipes brushed the bunny so much I was afraid his fluff would fall out.


It didn't.

Here's your proof that Mr. Wyatt was there:


He did get to run wild for a while, but I was too busy talking it up with Audra to take a picture.  Bad Mommy.

Then the kiddos got to feed some goats,

Sheep,


And even a donkey.  I secretly called him Donkey.  Original, I know.


This dude had a bit of an attitude problem.


The kiddos took a spin on the hay ride (Audra and I opted out since we really didn't want to pay for ourselves).

Here's two of Audra's little ones:


Awww.  My kiddos refused to follow directions when I told them to sit on the side of the trailer where I could get a picture of them.  Grrrrr.

We feasted on lunchables, fritos, and orange slices.  Yeah, we know how to live. The kids then took off to explore the play area while we Mommies chatted some more.

Ok, guys, we're going to get a group pic of everyone jumping at the same time.  Ready?  One... Two....


And this was the third try.






Once we were all officially hot and sticky, we left to cool of in our air conditioned cars.

Thank goodness for A/C.

0 comments: