••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••♥••••••••••

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Nom Nom Nom

There are certain holiday traditions that a person just can't ignore.  Even though we have been so horribly busy lately, the first round of winter sickies is making it's way into our home, and really, no one would ever even notice that we skipped this one little thing.

Except me. I would notice.

And so, we made our Halloween sugar cookies.


 I don't know about you, but I like my sugar cookies incredibly soft with absolutely no hint of a crunch anywhere.   If these don't get your sweet tooth screaming, watch this video and it will get your tummy grumbling.  Well, unless you're not human- I cannot help you if you are a weird alien  from planet I-Hate-Sugar-Cookies (which, incidentally, is my husband's place of birth).

Side note, here: I learned a new trick (thank you Pinterest) of rolling out the dough in powdered sugar, rather than flour. It doesn't dry out your dough and you don't have to battle the patches of flour on your cookies.

When it was time to frost, I gave the kids each a bowl of frosting, a knife (Wy-Fi received a spoon), a stack of cookies, and all the Halloween sprinkles a kid could ever want. They were told them to have at it.

Wyatt just ate the frosting.


**Another side note:  Adison's addiction to wearing hair elastics around her wrist is apparently contagious.  Notice how all the children are doing it (and yes, Wyatt found those and put them on himself).**

The older kids didn't need to be told twice.




And there was a lot of this going on:




Artists with sprinkles, I tell ya!




When the mess was made and the cookies all layered with the fluffy orange frosting and at least a pound of sprinkles each, the kiddos ran outside to work off the sugar.

And I was left to clean up the mess.  Awesome.

This little fella? He ate his weight in frosting that night. And he  didn't go to bed until an hour after his usual bedtime.


 But hey, you're only young once, right?

2 comments:

mkmk86 said...

So, do you have a recipe for these cookies? I have yet to find one that stays soft... My mom makes good sugar cookies, but she is the opposite and likes them with a little crunch. Haha

Whitopher said...

I never got my cookies :(