••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••♥••••••••••

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

100 Things About Me

I saw this on Emily's blog and thought that it would be fun to try...

1) I used to change the color of my nail polish every night to match my outfit for the next day
2) Very rarely are my nails painted now
3) I bite said (finger)nails constantly- especially when I am tense (which is most of the time)
4) I cry when I sing church songs (please don't ask me why)
5) Nothing in this world makes me happier than just hanging out with my family, doing nothing
6) Orrin and I fight a lot (stubborn, stubborn people)
7) I am usually at fault for the fights (don't tell him that)
8) We also laugh a lot
9) I crave organizatin, but am often a very messy person
10) I collect forgotten coins and can be often found at a Coinstar machine
11) I love reading fiction books and can finish one in a day if I can focus
12) I have a difficult time reading non-fiction books and it takes me weeks to read a thin one
13) I collect quotes
14) I have named everyone of my children after someone I love and respect: Adison Nae (my mom RaNae), Piper Pauline (Orrin's grandma, Francis Pauline or aka Nanny), and Porter Grant (Orrin Porter & my grandpa Leland Grant)
15) I want more children but am scared to have anymore
16) I can't wait to see Nanny, Grandpa, and G.G. again
17) I love Relief Society
18) But I won't go to church if my kids are sick (isn't that just etiquette?)
19) One of my biggest pet peeves is being put on hold when I'm talking to a friend (just call me back)
20) Another one peeve: people who are always on their cell phones
21) I don't always answer my phone even if I'm not doing anything
22) I love hosting parties until people start coming and then I just want to hide
23) I'm always paranoid that someone is trying to break into my home
24) Orrin is my most favorite person to tease (see #6)
25) He's also my most favorite pillow
26) I think Adi looks like Orrin but acts like me (a bit dramatic)
27) Piper looks like me but acts alot like my sister (big, tender heart)
28) Porter makes me smile when I just look at him (those dimples)
29) All of my kids have my eyes, my nose, and Orrin's lips (how is that possible?)
30) I think I have the best looking kids ever (a little biased)
31) And also the smartest
32) My favorite quote is "Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful" by Annette Funichello
33) I hate sewing but love homemade items so I do it
34) I wish I could sing
35) I also wish I could dance
36) Rob Thomas' voice makes me melt
37) I have a very addictive personality
38) I watch Hannah Montana, High School Musical & Hairspray without my kids
39) I'm really getting into politics (watch out Dad)
40) I already worry about when my kids grow up and leave me
41) I get headaches when I get stressed
42) I get migraines when I don't get enough sleep
43) Once 8 o'clock hits, I get very, very ornery.
44) Watching the news makes me panic about sending my kids to public school
45) I have considered homeschooling them
46) I don't have the patience or the education to do so
47) I had a full tuition scholarship for college, but I dropped out of school after I got married
48) I wish I hadn't
49) I recieved awards for scoring in the top ten percent of the SATs every year in elementary
50) I don't think I deserved them
51) I love yellow & red and have painted three rooms in my house varying shades of them
52) Online shopping is one of my most expensive hobbies
53) Making lists is my cheapest hobby
54) I like to write
55) Windex is one of my favorite smells
56) I can't tell people no
57) I think I'm a photographer
58) I'd like to go to school to actually learn how to be one
59) Bedtime routine is my favorite time of day; I love reading the scriptures together as a family, saying family prayers, reading books and singing songs with my children.
60) I get agitated when the routine is interrupted or changed by anyone or anything
61) I love picking out the perfect present for someone, and will often end up not buying them anything if I can't find something that suits them
62) I love dressing up my kids (even the boy)
63) Orrin and I balance each other perfectly- he's the yin and I'm the yang
64) I get more excited about going to the park than my kids do (ask OP- he was dragged to parks the whole time we were dating)
65) I like to cook- especially when I know the meal is going to taste good
67) I often cook my own "Courtney Creations"- they have a 50/50 chance of tasting decent
68) Pride & Prejudice isn't only my favorite book but I also love any kind of movie version that is made
69) I used to pull the legs off of daddy-long-legs and squeeze grasshoppers until they spit out black stuff (not sure why I put this one on here)
70) I am most strict on my kids when it comes to respecting adults
71) I have a hard time with kids who mouth off to adults
72) I especially have a hard time controlling my temper when they mouth off to me
73) I am as protective as a mama bear with my kids and have learned to do breathing exercises to calm myself down when someone says or does something to them
74) When I have a lot to do, I usually end up shutting down and not doing anything at all
75) I am proud to say that I have never drank, smoke, tried drugs, nada... I have never even wanted to
76) I am, however, fighting my addiction to caffiene (sweet, sweet Dr. Pepper)
77) I usually lose this fight
78) TV irritates me, but I love movies
79) I can't do anything unless music is playing
80) My iPod is almost always on
81) I get a little crazy when other people cook in my kitchen
82) Did I mention that I am a control freak?
83) I can't make cakes (even if they are from a box)
84) I idolize President Hinckley and cried when I found out that he passed away
85) I resist change in any form
86) My best childhood memories happend at Lagoon
87) Here's a doozy: Orrin is the only man that I have ever kissed
88) I get a little jealous that he can't say the same (him kissing me, that is)
89) I am constantly second guessing myself when it comes to parenting
90) Never when it comes to cooking
91) Orrin hates the smell of Pinesol, but I love it... guess what I use to clean my floors?
92) I don't share my drinks with anyone
93) I consider being a stay-at-home mom a career and don't get offended when someone says it's my job to take care of my children and my home (isn't it?)
94) I feel like a failure if my house is messy when Orrin gets home from work
95) Orrin isn't allowed to help clean (see #82 & #93)
96) I am a very emotional person
97) I love my family and consider making them happy and well my mission in this life
98) I love sharing stories about my kids (that is why I love blogging)
99) I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true and have never doubted it
100) I love getting together with family- both sides, extended, and friends who feel like family. It just makes me happy :)

I now challenge anyone who reads this to try it for yourself. It seems impossible, but it is actually quite fun!

Good luck!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry about #88, and its the same with Adam. I am his one and only.
And you two are the Ying and Yang, perfect.

Snort said...

I think that it's funny- no worries!

junglemama said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing!

Whitopher said...

I think Piper acts like me also!

Lopez-kids said...

You can't say no huh? I will have to remember that! ha ha! I love your list!!