••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••♥••••••••••

Saturday, December 31, 2011

And it's a wrap people.

After all the merriment and gift-opening of Christmas Eve, it was nearly impossible to get our little kiddos to sleep.  They did go to bed incredibly easy, but getting them to actually drift away into dream land was quite a challenge. 

So Mom and Dad ended up staying up pretty late to set things up.  Well, Mom set things up.  Dad played Star Wars on the computer.

Anywho, as I normally do, I decorated over the kitchen table.


No, it's not a very good picture, but my eating area is very awkward and has that hideous light in it.  But hey, it's rental so it doesn't bother me too much.

Then Santa got to work.





Let me explain how we do Christmas around here.  The kiddos all take their stockings and lay them in their "present spot" which is where Santa will fill them up and leave his gift to them.  The rest of the gifts are left under the tree and after opening their stockings and Santa gift in the morning, one kiddo gets the privilege of being "Santa" and gets to distribute the rest of the gifts.  Pipes had the honors this year.

**Oh, and shout-out to my awesome Auntie Leanne who knitted these stockings for the kiddos last year.  I love, love, LOVE them.  And they stretch to extreme proportions so I can cram a ton of stuff in them**

As you may have noticed in past Christmas posts, but I don't really take pics on Christmas morning.  Most of the time I feel as though I am so worried about taking pictures that I miss out on all of the fun.  So Christmas morning is the one time I set down the camera and just try to be with everyone.  And I can better revel in the culmination of four months of work.

Here's the four pics I did take:

*Adi, you look weird, btw*


Look how genuinely happy this girl is.  Although she was much happier when she opened her My Way toothbrush.  Nerd.



I think Wyatt is a bit overwhelmed.


Sorry OP for getting your garments, but I did warn you to move!


Hope your Christmas was as wonderfully laid-back and awesome as ours was!

1 comments:

Whitopher said...

And then you ate your omelets :p