••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••♥••••••••••

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

We Wish You a Merry Christmas

Have I told you about my Christmas present from OP yet?  If we're friends on good ol' Facebook, then you probably saw.  If not, well, here she is in all her beautiful mixing glory:

Ain't she a beaut?  And you may be wondering why, if it's only December 22nd, do I have it already.  Well, Orrin is ridiculously bad at keeping gifts a secret.  Nearly every year since we've been married, I've gotten my Christmas present at least a day early.

Oh, and if you know me well, then you will be surprised to see that my gift is not a camera this year.  I may or may not have obviously hinted that I would rather get this wonderful appliance instead.

Anywho, I put this bad boy to work making our Neighbor Gifts this year.

P.S.  I hate doing neighbor gifts.  It stresses me out every year over what I should give, and I usually go back to what I do every year.  Which is what I did this year (and yes, yes, I do understand that post scripts are supposed to be at the end of your writing).

I whipped up some sugar cookies, snickerdoodles, and cake pops.

Oh, and thank you Stephanie for coming over and helping me dip and frost!



Did you know that if you out a bunch of cake pops into a jar the bottom ones will get smashed?  Well, now you do.

And, by the way, if you wait until the week of Christmas to buy tags for your gifts these are what you are stuck with.

After dinner one night the kiddos and I bundled up, grabbed Wyatt's pacifier, and set off in our Expie to deliver them to close neighbors, friends and family.

The big kids were so excited to do it this year that they even rang the door bell and then sang "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" to whomever was lucky enough to answer.

*Remember how I tried to get them to do that a couple of years ago? *


Why is Porter holding a sword behind his back like he's going to surprise attack the person that opens the door?  It was actually a gift for one his friends.  Geesh people.

Now that we're a mere 3 days till Christmas, are your gifts bought and wrapped yet?

'Cause I still have to pull a couple of all-night wrapping sessions.

1 comments:

Whitopher said...

I want some cake cookies!