••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••♥••••••••••

Friday, December 02, 2011

It has begun again.

I am, once again, attempting our family's Days of Christmas Book, 2011 edition.  Last year I skipped it, I just wasn't up to it seeing as how we just moved to a different state and I was very pregnant and supposed to be on bed rest and all.

Anywho, I got the basic idea for the yearly tradition from this site here.  I figured that it will remind me to make this month about memories, fun and family.  That's the theory anyway.  Here's the link to all my past Christmas Book pages.  They go all the way back to PG's first Christmas.

So here we go.



We started the Christmas season, as all families should, by setting up the tree.  We put on White Christmas (as dictated by a tradition began when Adi was a mere fetus) and had at it.

Wyatt was confused as to why we had all these shiny balls out and then kept telling him "No" when he tried to play with them.


Adi put herself in charge of keeping Wyatt out of them.


Everyone (well, everyone but Frankenstein Knee, that is) pitched in. 


This year I decided to skip putting up any breakable ornaments at all since the tree is set up on tile and I just didn't want to risk loosing any of our tacky frog collection.  The kids were a bit disappointed that all of their ornaments weren't on the tree, but they also didn't want them broken so there weren't too many complaints.


Oh, and case you're wondering, Porter had on a pair of my fuzzy socks since they're so soft.  His feet are not that unusually large.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am going to attempt it this year. Thanks for the inspiration/ideas and I have always enjoyed reading about your days leading up to Christmas.

Whitopher said...

I love Porter's socks! Ha ha!